Fish Explorer Logo
Wyoming Fishing
Wyoming Fishing  
Login Usr:Psd:
Don't have an account? Register now...
spacer spacer
Go back to Main FxR Forum listings

Ask Wyoming Game & Fish Department

Post By: culinarypunk      Posted: 3/20/2018 7:29:44 PM     Points: 84484    
"Kindra, Deb and Kelly, what do I need to do to register my boat in Wyoming, and where can I do it?"
The process and requirements to register a motorized watercraft depends on the situation--and each requires specific paperwork. Game and Fish is happy to help answer any questions about watercraft registration to determine what you need to do. Here are some common situations and how you get your boat registered in each:

Your new boat: Any newly purchased or transfer of ownership watercraft requires a new county issued title and proof of Wyoming sales tax paid. Owners are permitted to operate their new watercraft for only 30 days after the purchase with a notarized bill of sale. Any watercraft that has changed ownership may require law enforcement to verify the Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) for accuracy prior to titling. For this situation, watercraft can be registered at our Cheyenne Headquarters or any regional office.

Watercraft registered in another state: If your watercraft was previously registered in another state, we can accept a current non-Wyoming title or current non-Wyoming watercraft registration in the watercraft owner’s name at any regional office or Cheyenne Headquarters to register your boat in Wyoming. Any watercraft purchased outside Wyoming must undergo an Aquatic Invasive Species inspection prior to being launched.

Watercraft registered in Wyoming: If a watercraft is currently registered in Wyoming, a renewal can be easily completed online, at the Cheyenne Headquarters or at any regional office.

All watercraft owners may register or renew the registration via mail, too, as long as the proper paperwork and registration fees are included. Please remember to renew your registration at least once every five years to maintain the same Wyoming registration numbers. All motorized watercraft operating on Wyoming waters are required to have current watercraft registration and a current Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) decal. Happy boating!