You can buy 2021 Colorado Fishing Licenses Now
Blog by: Matt Snider , Colorado 3/10/2021
A new season is upon us, do not forget to get your fishing license renewed. Last year's annual license is good through March 31 this month, but you do not have to wait until then to get a new one. If you buy an annual license now, it will be good for you all the way til March 31 2022. So don't procrastinate...
You can buy now online and it will be mailed to you. A code will be presented to you that is valid for 14 days, which should cover the delivery time, and should be carried with you until you get the real license. Call (303) 297-1192 with any questions. You can buy yours at a dealer, by phone, or buy a Colorado fishing license online
An annual resident
Colorado fishing license for adults (18-64) is $36.08
while a non-resident is $100.57
. If you're 65+ or 16-17, it'll be $10.07
. Kids under 16 are free
If you plan to ice fish with two rods, troll with two rods, or fly fish double-fisted you'll need a 2nd rod stamp no matter what age you are, which is $11.11.
You're also required to buy a Habitat Stamp at $10.40
. And if you own a motorboat, sailboat or anything with a motor you'll maybe need to get an ANS stamp
- $25 for in-state, $50 for out-of-state... IF you did not already pay
for the stamp via your boat registration (which I did).
I just bought my annual fishing license with extra rod stamp. Total came to $57.59. Then I chose to donate to make it a round number.
A tiny bit of confusion:
Search & Rescue and Wildlife Education fees are included in the license prices stated above but are listed separately in the purchasing platform. I got a few alerts related to hunting during the process which I did not need. When I logged in to buy a fishing license, it took me first to verify my account information, then sent me to an account summary page, then I had to go find the fishing license purchase page again. Not terrible to get around, but these add a little confusion in the process if you're just getting a fishing license or using for the first time.
- The 2021 license year runs from March 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022 (13 months).
- Customers may use Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit cards, and now CPW gift certificates to purchase their license. Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit cards work if they can be used without a PIN. Licenses are mailed the business day following the purchase.
- In most cases, licenses purchased online or over the phone will reach you by mail within 10 days or you may pick up your license at a sales agent location or Colorado Parks and Wildlife park or office.
- A temporary authorization number (TAN) can be used until the license(s) are received in the mail. The TAN is valid for 14 days after date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive the license(s) in the mail; in this situation you are required to carry the TAN with you while fishing.
- If there are any issues, please contact the call center at (303) 297-1192 or a CPW park or office.
- Telephone sales representatives at 1-800-244-5613 are trained to sell licenses and do not know specific wildlife-related information for Colorado. For questions not related to the sale of licenses, call Colorado Parks and Wildlife at (303) 297-1192.