“Small Grants for Community Partnering” 2012 Grant Cycle Begins
Larimer County Parks Release
Sue Burke, Coordinator, Small Grants for Community Partnering, (970) 679-4566
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources’ Open Lands Program announces the 2012 “Small Grants for Community Partnering” grant cycle. Applications are due Friday, September 9, 2011, at 3 p.m., with awards announced by February, 2012. Grant selection criteria, application, and other information are available at www.larimer.org/naturalresources/openlands/smallgrants.htm. Applicants are encouraged to read through the selection criteria and to contact Sue Burke, Coordinator for Small Grants for Community Partnering, with questions.
Application forms, selection criteria, and other information may be obtained:
• Online at www.larimer.org/naturalresources/openlands/smallgrants.htm,
• In Person at Larimer County Department of Natural Resources, 1800 S. County Road 31, Loveland, or
• By Mail by contacting Sue Burke at (970) 679-4566 or email@example.com
Grant categories include:
• Protection or enhancement of open space, trails, natural areas, wildlife habitat, river areas, and wetlands on private or public land
• Increased access to open spaces
• Research on open spaces
Larimer County’s Small Grants for Community Partnering program is an initiative of the Larimer County Department of Natural Resources’ Open Lands Program with the intent of dispersing a portion of the Help Preserve Open Spaces sales tax dollars throughout the county for community projects. Annually, $20,000 is set aside for individual awards up to $2,000 per project per year. Since 1998, approximately 114 local projects have received approximately $153,000 in funding.