Gunnison Gorge Anglers News
Our Flyfishing show will take place on Feb. 1st and 2nd this year. We are partnering with the Black Canyon Outdoor Show will be in the same place. This is a new venture and we are looking to see how it works out. Its a 2 day event so we need volunteers for both days. Sat. is a full day and Sunday is a half day. We will set up on Friday the Jan. 31st.
You can contact me if you can help on any of the days.
We have a full list of projects and events, articles from TU, Colorado River Basin, Western Anglers, minutes from the Dec. meeting, wonderful article from Gale Doudy and of course Fishing Time..
GGA ITEMS FOR 2014
- BLACK CANYON FFS SHOW OR OUTDOOR EXPO
- CTU RENDEZVOUS IN APRIL
- RIVER CLEANUPS CIMARRON ?
- WOUNDED WARRIOR/HEALING WATER TRIPS AT PACO
- TROUTAPALOOZA in TELLURIDE in JULY (Marshall & Dr Marshall coord)
- BLM COTONWOOD DAYS
- HOTCHKISS MONTESSORI SCHOOL & SUNSHINE SPRINGS
- MONTROSE, DELTA & RIDGWAY STATE PARK YOUTH EVENTS
- SUPER-FLY CONTEST at ALMONT
- DECEMBER ANNUAL MEETING & HOLIDAY PARTY
- QUARTERLY CTU BOARD MEETINGS(One rep from GGA)
- FILM/BEER NIGHTS. PICNICS, BANQUETS as decided
RELIEF DITCH DAM
- MARHALL/GEORGE/CARY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLETION
- FINISH CONSTRUCTION & MISC TASKS BY MARCH
- FLOW TESTING & FINAL VERIFICATION MAR-APR 2014
- CLOSE OUT ACCOUNTS & FINAL REPORTING
SOUTH CANAL HYDRO:
- WORK WITH CPW & DMEA ON ELECTRONIC FISH BARRIER MODS
- WORK WITH CPW ON FISH SURVEYS & TRANSPLANTING TO UNC.
- TESTING & STARTUP FLOWS IN FEB FOR FIRST UNIT
- WORK WITH CPW - SMALLMOUTH ISSUE/PREVENTING DAM SPILLING
- FLOW REGIME FOR SPRING AND FALL
- MONITOR NITROGEN SATURATION TESTING BY BOR
CRYSTAL LAKE PIER (in Ironton Park above Ouray)
- GGA HAS COMMITTED $1000 for THIS PROJECT - MARSHALL WILL FOLLOW UP WITH FOREST SERVICE & UWP WHO ARE PROJ COORD
TELLURIDE VALLEY FLOOR RESTORATION
- RICHARD ARNOLD HAS LEAD WORK WITH CITY OF TELLURIDE, CPW & ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS & CHRIS CHAFFIN TO SCOPE OUT THE WORK
WHITEWATER PARK UNC RIVER IN MONTROSE (JOEL)
- FISH HABITAT WORK IN JAN MAR 2014
- WHITEWATER PARK CONSTRUCTION IN FALL 2014
TAVIWATCH PARK MONTROSE/
- WORK WITH CITY OF MONTROSE TO DEVELOP THE PONDS BEHIND SCOTT RODS INTO A FISHING LAKE & STREAM IMPROVEMENTS ON UNCOMPAHGRE RIVER
- MAY REQUIRE SEED MONEY FROM GGA TO GET GOCO GRANTS
BILLY CREEK WILDLIFE REFUGE/UNCOMPAHGRE RIVER
- PUSH CPW TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT OF STREAM RESTORATION
- STATE CPW PROJECT BUT FUNDS KEEP GETTING DELAYED
- JOEL IS THE PROJECT COORD MAY REQUIRE SOME SEED FUNDS /
- DEVELOP LIST FOR PAST PROJECTS AND APPROVE FUNDING TO HAVE MADE AND INSTALLED
GUNNISON RIVER FLOWS
- SEDIMENT REMOVAL (Barry & Marshall)
- ANNUAL OPERATIONS/FLUSHING FLOWS - Marshall
- NORTH FORK IMPACTS FROM PAONIA RESERVOIR - Cary
- THREAT OF SMALLMOUTH BASS FROM RIDGWAY RESERVOIR - CPW
- WHITE WATER PARK IMPACTS ON FISHERY - Joel
- ADDITIONAL STREAM IMPROVEMENTS Marshall
OIL & GAS LEASES IN NORTH FORK
THOMPSON DIVIDE SPECIAL DESIGNATION
SAN JUAN WILDERNESS LEGISLATION
SAN MIGUEL IN-STREAM FLOW RIGHTS
PRIEST LAKE CARY & MARSHALL
CHECK OUT THE FXR CALENDAR FOR THE WESTERN ANGLERS FLY TYING SCHEDULE FOR 2014
TU SPAM ALERT
Some Trout Unlimited members recently received an invoice from Platinum Publishing Service located in White City, Oregon, for renewal of TROUT magazine at a cost of $79.95. This is not a legitimate invoice from Trout Unlimited. Click here to view an example of the notice in question.
TU is in no way affiliated with Platinum Publishing. If you receive an invoice from Platinum Publishing for a renewal of your TROUT magazine, please disregard that invoice, but rest assured tu.org and TU's Woolly Bugger, WV, post office box are fully operational, secure and ready to handle your membership dues and contributions.
TROUT magazine is a benefit of TU membership and included in your membership renewal. As always, you may renew your TU membership via our official, secure website at www.tu.org. Or more directly at https://www.tumembership.org/member/renew. TU regular membership remains $35 per year.
We are not clear at this time how this company obtained mailing addresses for TU members, but we suspect they have been taken from fly fishing industry magazine lists that Platinum Publishing features on their website. We will be initiating legal notification to Platinum Publishing to immediately cease-and-desist this unauthorized activity of billing for TROUT magazine.
Thank you for your continued membership support.
Vice President of Volunteer Operations
At your convenience, please scan and email a copy of any received invoice from Platinum Publishing to Bryan Moore.
Colorado Basin Implementation Plan
This is the Facebook page for information on what is happening on the upper Colorado River.
Ken Neubecker, past CTU president is asking us to FRIEND this page. It is a great place to get information on what is happening on the Upper Colorado.
The actions taken on this river will at sometime have an impact on the Gunnison River.
We have people out there that want to take more water from the Gunnison and we need to be prepared.
This FB page is designed to ensure the stakeholders of the Colorado River Basin are fully informed of the development of the Colorado Basin Implementation Plan.
The Next Colorado Basin Roundtable Meeting is on Monday 12.30.13 @ 12 noon
Glenwood Springs Community Center