“Small Grants for Community Partnering” 2013 Grant Cycle Begins
Larimer County press release
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources announces the 2013 “Small Grants for Community Partnering” grant cycle. Applications are due Friday, September 7, 2012, at 3 p.m., with awards announced by February, 2013.
These grants are offered to individuals, organizations and groups, and homeowner/property owner associations for community, neighborhood, and group projects for:
• Protection or enhancement of open space, trails, natural areas, wildlife habitat, river areas, and wetlands on private or public land
• Increased access to open lands and natural areas
• Research on open spaces
Grant selection criteria, application, and other information are available at www.larimer.org/naturalresources/openlands/smallgrants.htm Applicants are encouraged to read through the selection criteria and to contact Sue Burke, Coordinator for Small Grants for Community Partnering, with questions.
Application forms, selection criteria, and other information may be obtained:
• Online at www.larimer.org/naturalresources/openlands/smallgrants.htm
• In person at Larimer County Department of Natural Resources, 1800 S. County Road 31, Loveland, or
• By mail by contacting Sue Burke at (970) 679-4566 or email@example.com
Small Grants for Community Partnering are funded by the County’s Help Preserve Open Spaces Ľ-cent sales tax. Annually, $20,000 is set aside for individual awards up to $2,000 per project per year. Since 1998, 121 projects throughout Larimer County have received approximately $171,000 in funding. (See Google Map of funding history at the above web link.)