Is it just me or does the fishing suck this year. I have noticed a few things.
1. The fishing sucks right now
2. The public lakes are over fished galore
3. Everything is becoming private now, or fishing is less about the sport and more about making a buck. It all requires money, or membership at this moment or buying property or membership to fish in northern Colorado. Like what happened to just going fishing. Now it's join this club, spend money on this membership, join this golf club and fish this private lake, or certian companies buying rights and you need permission or a membership or have to join a waiting list. Fishing is blue collar but is becoming white collar. At Lear that is what it's appears. Maybe I am noticing it because of my next reason.
4. Yearly mass fish die offs. In northern Colorado. So far I know it's happened 4 times (that I know of) practically each year since around 2013. I know we have are really focused rn on either creating better habitats in rivers for trout and I do appreciate Colorado working to help foster and support the bass population & walleye. With bedding construction. (Little concerned with their use of concrete & ph balance) buuuuut hopefully someone smarter then me has that covered. I also appreciate Colorado stocking Plus certian sub catchable trout because of disease on trout. But there still has been several lakes in the area that suffered losses. Then the floods and the Then consistent yearly mass fish death since 2013.
5. Plus this spring has been bizarre and the coldest spring I have seen maybe ever. The weather hasn't been normal
6. Or maybe I suck at fishing this year! This is an option I consider lol.
7. Because who likes to stop at 6? It's all the above! Or some of them all! Except for 6. 🤣😂. I feel like because I am an intermediate fisherman and everything combined. That I am suffering too catch fish this year. Anyone else?
I am bored of trout fishing. I am focused on bass, walleye, catfish. Mostly bass!
I have fished- 3 secret locations 2 providing fish but still low #. Boedecker (I actually have never caught a fish there ever) lon hagler (hooked a fish but never got to shore but worked hard for that. Both lake Lovelands. Every pond at jayhawker except big bass yet. (Several bites no hook but that could be the topwater weedless bait) Arapahoe bend (beaver pond), Avery pond, boyd, horseshoe, donath lake.
P.s.s.s I am pretty sure not counting rivers. We have more protected, private or not stocked bodies of water in the northern Colorado. That the public either can't fish or has to wait to fish or is protecting the seagulls and pelicans. Then we have public fishing lakes. I don't enjoy fishing rivers. So is it just me?
Help me! Haha